This website was awarded Natural Health Journals Editor's Choice. The award is made to selected health web sites that exhibit:
* Quality and reliable information on natural health topics including; alternative and holistic medicine, conditions and diseases, exercise and fitness, healthy lifestyles, diet and nutrition * User accessibility and support * Exceptional web design and easy navigation
Natural Health Journals Editor´s Choice

10 Little Known Facts About Homeopathy

Posted by Sanjib Sarkar on Fri, Apr 02, 2010 @ 01:23 AM

Tags: Facts about Homeopathy

  Homeopathy is the second most popular form of medicine today.  Homeopathy founder was Samuel Hannehman.  He was of German descent.  This practice was founded in 1796.  This article is going to list some little know facts about homeopathy.

1) Homeopathy has been used by the British Royal Family over several generations.  The royal family still uses homeopathy today.

2)  Homeopathy is part of National Health Service in Britain.  Homeopathy services are covered by this government service.  Homepathy has a high satisfaction rate among patients in the United Kingdom.

3)   The largest trial in homeopathy ever done was with Oscillococcinum.  The trial was done in two parts.  The first part was a prevention trial with 1100 people. It showed oscillococcinum does not prevent the flu. The second trial was with 700 plus participants to see if oscillococcinum would shorten the duration of the flu.  This trial showed oscillococcinum did shorten the duration of the flu by about 6 to 8 hours.

4)  75% of homeopathic sales are in combination remedies in the US.  The other 25% are with single remedies.  Combination remedies combine many homeopathic remedies to treat one condition.  Single remedies are used to treat specific conditions according to the person's needs.

5)  EU countries spend close to 1 billion dollars on homeopathic medicine.  Homeopathy is very popular in Europe.  France is especially popular for homeopathy.  Most pharmacies in France carry homeopathic medicines.

6)  India is the largest consumer of homeopathic medicines.  Close to 100 million people use homeopathy in India.

7) Many celebrities are homeopathy supporters.  These celebrities include Cindy Crawford, Cher, Tina Turner, Catherine Zeta Jones and Paul McCartney.  

8)  The market for homeopathic medicine continues to grow all around the world.  Skeptics have made many attacks to stop the growth.  However, growth still continues.  In the US, 230 million dollars worth of homeopathic medicines were sold in 1996.  Each year that number has grow by approximately 15% in the US.  

9)  Homeopathy medicines cost less than over the counter drugs.  They are also much less expensive than pharmacetical drugs.  The typically homeopathic medicine can be purchased at around $10.

10) Homeopathy uses several different types of substances to produce remedies.  Some substances are herbal such as Arnica. Other substances are poisonous such as Arsenic or Mercury.  However, all substances are diluted to the point that they will not harm the consumer.


  If you know some other facts about homeopathy, list them in the comments section.

Latest Posts